Hands down, my favorite fall dessert. Have I said that before? I really mean it this time. And honestly, it’s one of my all-time favorite desserts, period. It’s simple to make, yet it’s just the kind of homemade goodness we all need now and then. Nope, no chocolate; just all the flavors of fall in this easy, fantastic dessert.
Combine 1 stick of softened butter
with 1 cup of sugar.
Add 1 egg. Mix well.
In a separate bowl, mix together:
1 c. flour,
1/2 tsp. baking soda,
1/2 tsp. baking powder,
1/4 tsp. salt,
and 1 tsp. (make it heaping) cinnamon.
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup flour
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 heaping tsp. cinnamon
- 3 medium apples
- Vanilla ice cream
- Butterscotch or caramel topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine butter, sugar and egg and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- Add the dry ingredients to the butter/sugar mixture and mix until fully combined.
- Peel and slice 3 medium apples very thinly. Add the apples to the batter and spread ingot a buttered 8x8" pan.
- Sprinkle the top with a bit of cinnamon sugar.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream and butterscotch or caramel topping.