Hands down, my favorite fall dessert. Have I said that before? I really mean it this time. And honestly, it’s one of my all-time favorite desserts, period. It’s simple to make, yet it’s just the kind of homemade goodness we all need now and then. The name “brownies” is deceiving because it implies chocolate somehow, and there is not one lick of chocolate in these Apple Cinnamon Brownies. But, I promise, you don’t need it. This is an easy, fantastic dessert on a weeknight, or it works perfectly for company as well. I got this recipe from an old cookbook I have called Some Enchanted Eating. Aptly named.
Combine 1 stick of softened butter
with 1 cup of sugar.
1/2 tsp. baking soda,
1/2 tsp. baking powder,
1/4 tsp. salt,
and 1 tsp. (make it heaping) of cinnamon.
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup flour
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 heaping tsp. cinnamon
- 3 medium apples
- Vanilla ice cream
- Butterscotch or caramel topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine butter, sugar and egg and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- Add the dry ingredients to the butter/sugar mixture and mix until fully combined.
- Peel and slice 3 medium apples very thinly. Add the apples to the batter and spread ingot a buttered 8x8" pan.
- Sprinkle the top with a bit of cinnamon sugar.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream and butterscotch or caramel topping.