I think this might be my new favorite. No, I really mean it this time.
I know I’ve said it many dessert recipes before, but this one is soooooo good. I found it on a quest to locate a recipe that would utilize one of my favorite guilty pleasures. It’s a little unsung hero named the Golden Oreo. No, Oreo has not paid me to promote these little guys, but if Nabisco is paying attention, I’m your girl.
Before trying these delicious little guys, I was convinced they would taste like those nasty little yellow sandwich cookies you had to eat after church with gross red punch.
Not so much. These fellas are spectacular and I often buy them INSTEAD of their chocolatey brothers.
So, here is a recipe combining Golden Fabulous Oreos with cheesecake filling including marshmallow fluff (!!!) and caramel. Yeah…drool...
Begin by crushing 18 Golden Oreos and adding 3 T. melted butter. Press this deliciousness into an 8×8′ square pan. Bake the crust for 10 minutes or so or until the crust is golden. Let cool.
Melt about 5 oz. caramels with 1 T. water on low in a small pan stirring frequently. You can either use wrapped caramels (I would strongly suggest unwrapping them first) :o) or you can use the little caramel bits now sold in the baking aisle instead and save a step.
In a mixing bowl, mix together 2–8 oz. pkgs. of cream cheese (softened) with
1 cup marshmallow fluff until smooth
and then add in 1 egg and beat until smooth.
Spread marshmallow fluff and cream mixture over the crust.
Pour the melted caramels over the top and give it a little swirl with a knife.
Now, roughly chop 10 more Golden Oreos and sprinkle these over the top.
Bake the whole thing at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or so or until the center is set. Cool and then refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- 28 Golden Oreos, divided
- 3 T. butter
- 5 oz. caramels (wrapped or bits)
- 1 T. water
- 2-8 oz. pkgs. cream cheese
- 1 c. marshmallow fluff
- 1 egg
- Crush 18 Oreos and add in melted butter. Press this into an 8x8" square pan. Bake the crust in a preheated 350 degree oven for 10 minutes or until the crust is golden. Let cool.
- Melt 5 oz. caramels with 1 T. water on low in a small pan stirring frequently.
- In a mixing bowl, mix the cream cheese and the marshmallow fluff until smooth.
- Add in the egg and beat until smooth.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture over the cooled crust.
- Pour the caramels over the top of that and swirl with a knife
- Roughly chop 10 more Golden Oreos and sprinkle over the top.
- Bake for 25 minutes or so or until the center is set.
- Cool and then refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving.
Many thanks, a high-five, and perhaps a virtual hug given to Shelly at Cookies and Cups for sharing this recipe originally from Nabisco.