Because what is better than chewy oatmeal bars blanketed in a decadent layer of dulce de leche caramel? These lovelies are a perfect dessert to share as they make a large amount of bars in a short amount of time.
These are just like my other recipe called Jeanne’s Fudge Bars, but instead of a layer of fudge, there’s a layer of dulce de leche poured over the top. You have options, friends. Super easy and delicious, these would make a great shareable Christmas tray option!
Mix together 1 c. butter,
1 c. white sugar,
and 1 c. brown sugar until creamy.
Add in 2 eggs,
and 2 tsp. vanilla and mix well.
2 1/2 c. flour,
1 tsp. baking soda,
1 tsp. salt,
3 c. oatmeal,
- 1 c. butter,
- 1 c. white sugar
- 1 c. brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 2½ c. flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 3 c. oatmeal
- 1 can dulce de leche
- Mix together butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until creamy.
- Mix in 2 eggs and 2 tsp. vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, mix together, 2½ c. flour, 1 tsp. baking soda, 1 tsp. salt, 3 c. oatmeal,
- Mix wet and dry ingredients together.
- Spread ⅔ of the mixture into a buttered 10×15″ pan. Save ⅓ to top the caramel.Spread ⅔ of the mixture into a buttered 10×15″ pan. Save ⅓ of the mixture to top the dulce de leche.
- Open the can of caramel and spread it evenly over the oat mixture. Then, drop the remaining oat mixture by spoonfuls over the top of the caramel spreading each spoonful a bit with your fingers to get it to cover as much surface area as possible.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 20-25 minutes or until the oats are barely golden brown. Let cool completely and then cut into squares.