It’s just about as simple to make Cheesy, Easy Garlic Bread as it is to unwrap a bag of it, and I guarantee you’re going to love the flavors even more. Inspired by my favorite cheesy garlic bread from a certain pizza place, I started making this just about every time I can find an excuse. Chicken Scallopini, Stuffed Pasta Shells, and The Lasagna, pretty much beg for it — or anything else that just needs a perfect, garlicky, cheesy accompaniment.
If I don’t feel like making French Bread, I grab a loaf of bakery French Bread that I probably have in the freezer, let it thaw, and slice it in half horizontally.
In a bowl, mix together 1/2 c. olive oil,
with 1/2 c. softened butter,
and 3 minced cloves of fresh garlic.
Spread this deliciousness over the opened bread.
Spread 1/2-1 tsp. of Italian seasoning over the top of the garlic/butter/oil mixture.
Grate 2 cups of Mozzarella and sprinkle it over the top.
Bake in a 375 degree oven for 10-15 minutes or until the bread is warmed through and the cheese is beautifully melted. Remove it from the oven and turn the oven onto low broil. Put the bread back in just long enough to get some golden crispness added to the edges. Don’t walk away from it! This part goes very quickly!
That’s it! Slice it on a cutting board and serve gooey and warm. You’ll thank me, I promise.
- ½ c. olive oil
- ½ c. softened butter
- 3 minced cloves of fresh garlic
- ½-1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 2 c. freshly grated Mozzarella cheese
- Mix the olive oil and softened butter.
- Mince garlic and add to the butter/oil.
- Spread the mixture onto one loaf of French bread that has been sliced and laid open.
- Sprinkle with the italian seasoning.
- Sprinkle with the freshly grated mozzarella.
- Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and turn to low broil. Broil for just a minute or two to get the edges golden.