This is one of those meals that you need in your back pocket to throw together in minutes and present to your family or guests as a cheesy delicious dish that seems as if you worked all day to prepare.
Spaghetti noodles, ham, and mushrooms swim in a creamy garlic sauce made from cream and eggs and cheese. C’mon, this is most definitely drool-worthy!
Put 2 T. olive or refined coconut oil into a pan and heat to medium low. Add in 1 small, chopped onion and sauté for up to 20 minutes to caramelize the onions.
About halfway through, add in 10 oz. of washed, sliced mushrooms.
When both are soft and smelling amazing, add in 3 cloves of chopped garlic and sauté for 3-5 minutes.
Boil a large pot of salted water for the spaghetti. Cook according to package directions.
Add 2 cups diced ham to the onions, mushrooms and garlic to heat through.
In a bowl, whisk together the following ingredients:
2 cups freshly grated Parmesan (Skip the green top stuff! It’s processed and will just get gummy and gross)
1 c. heavy cream
4 large eggs
1 tsp. salt
Pepper to taste
When the spaghetti is cooked, add it to the onion/ham mixture and then pour the egg/cream mixture and stir until combined.
Serve immediately with Cheesy Easy Garlic Bread for a meal that will make them all beyond happy.
- 1 lb. spaghetti noodles
- 1 small onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 T. oil
- 10 oz. mushrooms
- 2 c. diced ham
- 1½ cup freshly ground Parmesan
- 1 c. heavy cream
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tsp. salt
- Caramelize onions in 2 T. oil for up to 20 minutes until golden brown.
- Halfway through, add sliced mushrooms.
- After they are all soft, add in chopped garlic.
- Boil spaghetti according to package directions.
- Add diced ham to onions and mushrooms to heat through.
- In a bowl, whisk freshly grated Parmesan, heavy cream, eggs, salt and pepper.
- Add cooked noodles to the vegetables and ham.
- Stir in the cheese/cream mixture.
- Serve hot.