Consider yourself warned.
One bite and there’s no going back. This is not the kind of food I eat every day because it makes me feel ridiculously out of control. I seriously canNOT stop eating this gooey, crunchy, sweet, chewy amazingness.
Great for parties, snacking, or ideal for Christmas gifts!
No baking. Just hours of tastebud pleasure right here. Mix it up and see what I mean…
All you do is get a big, ol’ bowl and mix together a 12 oz. box of Rice Chex,
a 12 oz. box of Golden Grahams,
and a 7 oz. bag of coconut, and stir.
Now, in a large saucepan combine the following:
1 1/2 cups of butter (3 sticks –calm down, it is possible that you may not eat the whole thing!)
2 c. sugar,
and 2 c. corn syrup.
Heat this over medium heat until a candy thermometer reads 234 degrees.
Pour the extremely hot syrup over the cereals and coconut, and stir until coated. Pour onto two large rimmed baking sheets and spread it out to let it cool. Store in airtight containers.
- 12 oz. box Rice Chex
- 12 oz. box Golden Grahams
- 7 oz. bag shredded coconut
- 1½ c. butter
- 2 c. sugar
- 2 c. corn syrup
- Combine cereals and coconut in a large mixing bowl and stir.
- In a large saucepan, over medium heat, mix butter, sugar and corn syrup and bring to 234 degrees (use a candy thermometer to insure accurate temperature).
- Pour the syrup over the cereal mixture and stir.
- Pour out over two rimmed cookie sheets to let cool.
- Store in airtight containers.
I’m pretty sure I thank Simple Fare, Fairly Simple for the recipe I based this from.