Did you know that you can make the most flavorful and delicious Dill Veggie Dip within minutes and wave good-bye to the expensive store-bought dip full of mystery ingredients? It’s so easy to make with just SIX fresh ingredients! I make this frequently when we have guests and I need something fresh to serve and I don’t have salad ingredients to whip up. It goes so beautifully with Pepperoncini Beef Sandwiches, or Hammy Sammies as a quick and easy side! Since I usually have some sort of veggies in my produce drawer, it’s easy to throw this together. If I don’t have fresh herbs, I can sub in dried dill and parsley as needed. Love this stuff!
Here’s how to make it:
Chop up 3 tsp. fresh dill and 3 tsp. fresh parsley. If you don’t have fresh herbs, use 1 tsp. each of dried dill weed and dried parsley.
Grate a small chunk of onion on a fine grater (or microplane) to equal 2 tsp. This makes it so you get maximum onion flavor without bites of onion in your dip.
Stir these into 1 c. of mayo and 1 cup of sour cream along with 1 tsp. seasoned salt.
Let this sit a few hours in the fridge or overnight if possible. Check for seasonings. You can always add in more of any of the spices or seasoned salt you’d enjoy, but keep in mind that as it sits, the flavors will enhance so don’t go too heavy!
That’s all it takes, friends! Wasn’t that easy? And isn’t it beautiful?
- 2 tsp. minced onion
- 3 tsp. fresh dill (or 1 tsp. dill weed)
- 3 tsp. fresh parsley (or 1 tsp. dried parsley)
- 1 tsp. seasoned salt
- 1 c. mayo
- 1 c. sour cream
- Chop up 3 tsp. fresh dill and 3 tsp. fresh parsley. If you don't have fresh herbs, use 1 tsp. each of dried dill weed and dried parsley.
- Grate a small chunk of onion on a fine grater (or microplane) to equal 2 tsp.
- Stir these into mayo and of sour cream along with seasoned salt.
- Let this sit a few hours in the fridge or overnight if possible. Check for seasonings.
Adapted from Araylia’s recipe from All Recipes. Many thanks. :o)