Our family’s favorite muffins! A soft, fluffy, orange-y muffin with little bursts of tart cranberry — the whole thing covered with a tangy and sweet orange glaze. Make them as full-sized or minis and bring them to a Christmas party and your platter will be empty before you know it.
Or just one of these mornings, make these babies and bite into that sweet yum with your cup of coffee…oh, good heavens. I’m so making another batch right now.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Butter each muffin cup and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
In a mixing bowl, cream 4 T. butter
with 1 c. sugar.
Add one egg and mix well.
Stir in 3/4 c. orange juice.
In a separate bowl, mix 2 c. flour
1 1 /2 tsp. baking powder,
1/2 tsp. baking soda,
1/2 tsp. salt,
and 1 T. orange zest.
Wash and dry 1 1/2 c. fresh cranberries and toss them with at least 2 T. granulated white sugar in a small bowl.
Gently mix the wet and dry ingredients, and then fold in the cranberries. Do not over-mix! It will toughen up the final product.
Use a cookie dough scoop to fill each muffin cup about 2/3 full. You can use regular size muffin tins or minis and then sprinkle each with additional cinnamon sugar.
Bake in the preheated oven for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
While they bake, make the orange glaze by whisking 1 1 /2 c. powdered sugar with 2 T. orange juice, adding more as needed until it reaches the desired consistency. You just need it thin enough to drizzle.
Let them stand 10 minutes in the pan and then remove to a wire rack to finish cooling.
Place a piece of parchment paper under your wire rack and drizzle the glaze over the mostly cooled beauties.
That’s it! Beautiful and flavorful Glazed Cranberry Orange Muffins just waiting for you to have a perfect bite of yum!
- Butter for greasing muffin cups
- Cinnamon sugar
- 4 T. butter
- 1 c. white sugar
- 1 egg
- ¾ c. orange juice
- 2 c. flour
- 1½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 T. orange zest
- 1½ c. fresh cranberries
- extra sugar
- 2-4 T. orange juice
- 1 1 /2 c. powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter muffin tins and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- Cream together the butter and sugar.
- Add the egg and mix.
- Stir in the orange juice.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and orange zest.
- Wash and dry the cranberries and toss with a couple tablespoons of sugar.
- Gently mix dry ingredients into wet just until combined.
- Fold in the cranberries.
- Fill muffin cups ⅔ full (may make mini muffins and just watch the bake time).
- Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes and then move to a wire rack to completely cool.
- Make the orange glaze by whisking orange juice into the powdered sugar, starting with 2 T. and until it reaches drizzling consistency.