Who doesn’t love fruit pizza? We sure love it at our house. Several years ago, we made some adaptations to traditional fruit pizza to make it more flavorful (more like our favorite fruit dip), and way more fun to serve and eat by making individual servings.
These little gems are totally customizable. You can make lots of small, cookie-sized pizzas and bring to a potluck, picnic, or class party to share, or you can make several medium-sized portions for whomever you are serving. You can also change the fruit and the flavor of the cream cheese if you’d like.
All you need is to make sugar cookies to start. We love this recipe for chewy, soft sugar cookies.
1 c. butter
and 1 3/4 c. white sugar.
Add 1 egg
and 1 tsp. vanilla and mix well.
Mix the following dry ingredients well and then add to the first mixture:
2 3/4 c. flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. baking powder
Roll the dough into balls — keeping in mind your serving size — and bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for 8-10 minutes for standard size or until lightly golden brown and barely set in the middle. Cool on the cookie sheet for a few minutes and then move to a cooling rack to cool thoroughly.
Now, for the fun part. Mix together 8 oz. softened strawberry cream cheese with 1 small tub of marshmallow fluff. You can use either already flavored, spreadable cream cheese or you can flavor it yourself by blending a fresh strawberry or two into plain cream cheese.
Spread this loveliness onto each cookie and then top with fresh fruit of your choice. Our favorite is simply strawberries and bananas, but the possibilities are endless. You can flavor your cream cheese however you’d like and use whatever fruit you’d like as well.
We hope you love them as much as we do and look forward to hearing your favorite flavor combinations!
- Sugar Cookies:
- 1 c. butter
- 1¾ c. white sugar.
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2¾ c. flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- 8 oz. strawberry cream cheese (or plain cream cheese blended with two fresh strawberries)
- 1 small tub marshmallow fluff
- Strawberries and Bananas (or your choice of fruit)
- Make sugar cookies by creaming the butter and sugar.
- Add egg and vanilla and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, and baking powder.
- Mix the wet and dry ingredients.
- Roll the dough into balls and bake in a 375 degree oven for 8-10 minutes for standard size cookie until lightly golden brown and barely set in the middle. Cool on the cookie sheet for a few minutes and then move to a cooling rack to cool thoroughly.
- Mix the cream cheese and the marshmallow fluff.
- Spread the cream cheese and marshmallow fluff onto each cookie and top with fresh fruit of your choice.
Many thanks to Stephanie from Allrecipes.com for her amazing Sugar Cookie recipe!