Addie here! I’m back to share with you my favorite way to eat chicken. This chicken is so packed with amazing flavor you’ll wonder why you ever bothered with any other chicken recipe.
I have used it in my Savory Roasted Vegetable Pasta. It’s the chicken I use in my Chicken Gyro recipe (coming soon). It’s epic on a salad or grilled on a kabob. Perfect with some Pineapple Coconut Rice! Guaranteed, you will be looking for things to put this chicken in once you try it.
Start with 2-3 chicken breasts (about 1 pound). I slice mine in half (butterflied) to make them go twice as far. Another option is to cut them into tenders.
Put the chicken in a bag, and set aside.
In a medium size bowl, combine the following marinade ingredients in a bowl:
the juice of 1 lemon (about 2 Tablespoons)
1/4 c. olive oil
1 tsp. dried or fresh basil
1 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. onion powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/4 tsp. Italian seasoning
1/4 tsp. yellow mustard
Dash of red pepper flakes (optional)
Whisk until blended.
Pour over the chicken, and allow to marinate for at least 3 hours, flipping the bag occasionally.
When it’s time to cook them, get your pan nice and hot. I use my cast iron skillet, and put about 2 tablespoons of oil in the pan. I use refined coconut oil, but you can use whatever oil you normally sauté things in. Or grill it if you’d prefer!
Cook for about 5 minutes on each side, you’re looking for a nice golden brown on the outside and an inside temp of 160 degrees.
Once your chicken is cooked, allow to rest for at least ten minutes before you cut into it.
And that’s it! So simple, right? It is so bright and flavorful, and the ingredients are things you probably already have on hand.
Until next time, happy eating!
- 1 lb. chicken breasts
- The juice of 1 lemon (about 2 Tablespoons)
- ¼ c. olive oil
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp.onion powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- ¼ tsp. Italian seasoning
- ¼ tsp. yellow mustard
- Dash of red pepper flakes (optional)
- Place chicken in a large plastic bag.
- Add the remaining ingredients in a bowl an whisk until combined.
- Pour the marinade over the chicken and turn to coat. Let it marinate for at least 3 hours, flipping the bag occasionally.
- To cook, heat a cast iron good and hot. Add in 2 T. refined coconut oil or other oil with high smoke point (olive oil works well).
- Saute breast a few minutes on either side until golden brown and cooked through (cook time varies accruing to the size of the breast).
- Let rest at least ten minutes before cutting into it.