There are certain folks in my house who were pretty sure they hated meatloaf. That is, until this meatloaf changed our lives. Haha. Okay, that’s a bit dramatic, but I will say this is hands-down the best meatloaf I’ve ever had, and sure makes this family happy. It has kind of a secret ingredient that makes it unique, and makes us pretty happy.
The pictures could never do it justice so you’ll just have to make it and see what you think!
1 small onion (or if you happen to not have any fresh onions 1 Tbsp. of minced onion will do),
Now, add 1 1/2 lbs. lean ground beef and mush it all together in one goopy mess with your hands just like you’re in preschool…
Put it in a good-sized loaf pan. Spread 1/2 c. of brown sugar on top, and
Bake at 350 degrees for about an hour or until the meat is no longer pink.
And there you have it.
- ½ c. brown sugar
- ½ c. ketchup
- ¾ c. milk
- 2 eggs
- 1½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 1 small chopped onion (or 1 Tbsp. minced onion)
- ¾ c. crushed cheese crackers
- 1½ lbs.. Ground beef
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix the eggs, milk, salt, pepper, the onion, and barely crushed cheese crackers.
- Add in the ground beef and mix everything together well with your hands.
- Put the whole into a loaf pan and pat into shape.
- Spread ½ c. brown sugar over the top and then ¾ c. ketchup.
- Bake for an hour or until the meat is no longer pink.