Oh my goodness, friends. I cannot stop making and eating this rice!
Creamy, coconut-y rice with bursts of sweetness from pineapple. This easy rice makes a perfect and unique side dish ideal with chicken, fish, or pork.
We’ve been making it as a side for a couple pork dishes we’ve fallen in love with (recipes coming soon!). This may be what’s missing from your meal plan this week! :o)
You will need to drain a can of pineapple chunks, but reserve the liquid! You will be using it in the rice as part of the liquid.
We make rice to serve 6-8, but you can easily cut this in half to serve fewer folks; just save the coconut milk for a smoothie or make it into my favorite coconut cream chia seed pudding.
For 2 cups of uncooked rice, you’ll need 4 cups of liquid. So open a can of whole fat coconut milk and whip the contents together. This is 13.5 oz. (almost 2 c.). Now, see how much pineapple juice you’ve acquired from the drained chunks, and add water to make 2 cups.
Pour all of the liquid along with the rice and pineapple into a pot along with 1 tsp. salt and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and let simmer, covered until the liquid is absorbed — anywhere from 15-25 minutes or until tender and cooked through. Fluff with a fork.
That’s all there is to it! Another easy side you will love, love, love!
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 1 can pineapple chunks or tidbits
- 2 cups white rice
- Drain pineapple, reserving the juice.
- Whip the coconut milk until the separated parts in the can combine.
- Add water to the drained pineapple juice to make 2 cups.
- Combine coconut milk, pineapple juice and water, 1 tsp. salt, and 2 cups uncooked rice to a pot and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover, and let simmer for 15-25 minute or until all liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.
- Fluff with a fork.