Addie here! 🙂 We love pasta at this house.
When I’m craving comfort food, pasta is usually one of the first things to come to mind and Savory Roasted Vegetable Pasta is one of my favorites because there are just so many awesome different flavors going on without being heavy at all. With tons of garlic and vegetables and the Lemony Basil Chicken Breasts (that I put in everything), it is the perfect marriage of delicious carb-y pasta, healthy veggies, and super flavorful chicken.
Sounds like a win-win-win to me!
I have also made this with quinoa noodles to make it even better for us, and I was just as happy with the end result.
Start by preheating your oven to 400 degrees. While that’s preheating, begin prepping your vegetables to be roasted. The vegetables you use are totally up to you, I love any combination of whatever is in season at my co op. Three cups’ worth of vegetables — cherry tomatoes, summer squash, zuchinni, asparagus, and fresh green beans; tailor it to your family’s liking!
Once your vegetables are rinsed and chopped the way you like them, add the following:
3 TBS of Extra Virgin Olive oil,
2-3 cloves of garlic,
1 tsp of sugar,
1 tsp of salt,
1/2 tsp of pepper,
and spread the whole mixture on a baking sheet with sides. It is going to look like a ton of olive oil in your pan, but that transfers over to the pasta, so don’t skimp!
Put in the oven for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until your vegetables are tender.
While the veggies are roasting, get some generously salted pasta water boiling and cook 1 lb. of pasta until it is al dente. I like angel hair because it cooks so quickly and adds to the lightness. Transfer your pasta to a large bowl reserving about 1/2 c. of the pasta water for later.
While your pasta is going, heat up a large pan with a tablespoon of your cooking oil of choice. Remove chicken from the marinade and grill for 5-7 minutes on each side, or until meat is no longer pink and the juices run clear. Set the chicken to the side.
In the same pan you used for your chicken,
add 1 more Tablespoon of oil,
and 1 red onion.
Sauté over medium heat for about five minutes. Add the onion to the pasta along with
1/4-1/2 cup of lemon juice,
1/2 tsp. of Italian seasoning,
2 tsp. of dried basil,
and 2 tsp. dried parsley.
Add the roasted vegetables and sliced chicken, and serve with freshly grated Parmesan and fresh basil. If needed, loosen it up a bit with some of the reserved pasta water.
And there it is! Super easy and delicious. We can’t wait for you to love it, too!
- 1 lb. angel hair pasta
- 3 c. worth of fresh veggies for roasting (zucchini,cherry tomatoes, summer squash, asparagus, green beans, etc.)
- 3+ T. olive oil
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- 1 red onion
- ¼-1/2 c. lemon juice
- ½ tsp. Italian seasoning2 tsp. dried basil
- 2 tsp. dried parsley
- Recipe for Lemony Basil Chicken Breasts
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Begin prepping the veggies to roast. Add the rinsed, chopped veggies to a rimmed baking sheet and to them add 3 T. olive oil, garlic, salt, and pepper and stir to coat.
- Put it in the oven for 15 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Salt water in a large pot and bring to a boil. Cook the pasta according to package directions. Transfer the pasta to a bowl reserving about ½ c. of the pasta water in case you need it later.
- Heat a large skillet to medium high heat and add 1 T. oil. Remove the chicken from the marinade and sauté for 5-7 minutes on each side or until chicken is cooked through. Set aside.
- Add some more oil to the pan and add the onion and cook for 5 minutes. Add the onion to the pasta along with lemon juice, Italian seasoning, basil and parsley. Add the roasted vegetables and chicken. Loosen as needed with the reserved pasta water.
- Serve with freshly grated Parmesan and fresh basil.
Original recipe found here at Carlsbad Cravings. Many thanks for the yum. 🙂