If you read my blog, you know I love a trifle. They serve a crowd, they combine the best of flavors, they are easy to create, and they are gorgeous. This Strawberry Trifle combines the best of summer by using strawberries with homemade vanilla pudding and angel food cake. And it’s just so yummy. Like all the best things about strawberry shortcake with pudding!
Wash and slice 3 c. of strawberries or thaw and drain 3 c. of frozen strawberries. Add 1/3 c. sugar and let them sit until they macerate and get nice and juicy.
Whip 1 pint of heavy whipping cream to soft peaks and add in 4 T. powdered sugar.
Cut an angel food cake into cubes and start layering! You can either use mason jars and make individual portions or make one huge bowl to serve about 10-12 people.
Layer 1/3 of the angel food cake cubes into the bottom of a trifle bowl or large glass bowl. Add a layer of strawberries, then pudding, and then whipped cream. Repeat.
Decorate the whipped cream on top with fresh strawberries. Refrigerate the whole thing for at least four hours, but eat within twenty-four hours or it can get soggy.
- ¾ c. vanilla pudding, prepared
- 1 angel food cake
- 3 c. fresh or frozen strawberries
- 1 pt. heavy whipping cream
- 4 T. powdered sugar
- Wash and slice strawberries. Add sugar and let them sit at least 20 minutes or until they get juicy.
- Whip 1 pint of heavy cream to soft peaks. Add in powdered sugar.
- Cut an angel food cake into cubes and begin layering using either a large trifle bowl or individual pint-sized mason jars.
- Layer ⅓ of the cake cubes, then strawberries, then pudding, and then whipped cream.
- Repeat layers.
- Garnish with extra whipped cream and fresh strawberries.
- Refrigerate for at least four hours, but eat within 24 hours to avoid sogginess.