Antipasto Pasta Salad — because it’s all of the spicy flavors you love in an Italian salad wrapped into one drool-worthy Antipasto Pasta Salad! Easily customizable to add whatever meats, cheeses, and veggies you prefer, this is a meal in a bowl, or a side you’ll be proud to share.
You probably make this and I’m not telling you anything new by producing a recipe, but in case you need some fresh ideas, I’m here to share and remind you what an amazing dish this is to make and enjoy — or share!
I add either homemade Italian dressing (recipe to follow), or toss in some Olive Garden dressing, and add in the veggies, meat, and cheeses you know and love. This is how I make mine…
Cook one pound of your favorite pasta according to package directions. If you’re making it ahead, add 1/2 c. or so of Italian dressing just to keep the pasta from sticking to itself. Then dress the pasta with more dressing just before serving. To make your homemade Italian dressing, I use a recipe from FiveHeartHome and we love it! Add these ingredients to a jar and shake to combine:
- 1 c. olive oil
- 1/2 c. white wine vinegar
- 2 tsp. honey
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- 6 T. freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 tsp. garlic salt
- 1 1/2 tsp. dried parsley
- 1 1/2 tsp. dried basil
- 1/4 tsp. dried oregano
- up to 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- black pepper to taste
Now, add in cut up salami, or pepperoni, banana peppers, chunks of mozzarella or feta, good olives, cherry tomatoes, red onions, and cucumbers — whatever you have in your fridge and pantry — and sprinkle the whole things with freshly grated Parmesan and freshly cut basil.
It’s that easy! Works great alongside Pepperoncini Beef Sandwiches or with brats and hot dogs at your next cookout! Enjoy!
- 1 lb. pasta
- Italian dressing (homemade or store-bought)
- Mozzarella, or feta cheese
- Salami or pepperoni
- Banana peppers
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Red Onion
- Parmesan Cheese
- Fresh Basil
- Cook pasta according to package directions. If you're making it ahead, add ½ c. or so of Italian dressing just to keep the pasta from sticking to itself. Then dress the pasta with more dressing just before serving.
- Now, add in cut up salami, or pepperoni, banana peppers, chunks of mozzarella or feta, good olives, cherry tomatoes, and sprinkle the whole things with freshly grated Parmesan and freshly cut basil.