Delicious dinner in less than 20 minutes? It can be done! I came up with this meal on a day when I had been too busy to make dinner until dinnertime and I needed something fast and easy and delicious! Shrimp, artichokes, Parmesan, and lemon combine to make a quick, easy meal with clean-up a snap as everything comes together in one scrumptious skillet! Sub in any veggies you’d prefer and use any pasta shape you have available to customize this to your family’s taste. If you don’t like artichokes, sub in spinach or peas. If you’d prefer angel hair pasta or fettuccine, feel free to use either! No shrimp in the house? Use some chicken — even rotisserie chicken would be great!
To start, heat up your generously salted water to a boil in a large pot to cook the pasta. While the pasta water heats, prepare your other ingredients ahead. When the pasta is done, drain it and set aside.
Zest 1 large or 2 small lemons and set the zest aside. Then juice them to get 2-3 T. lemon juice.
Chop 6 cloves of fresh garlic.
Peel and de-vein 1-1/2 lbs. of shrimp. Set aside.
Heat skillet to medium high. Add in 2 T. unsalted butter and 2 T. olive oil.
Add the garlic to the butter and oil and stir and cook for one minute.
Add in 1 tsp. crushed red pepper and 1 tsp. Italian seasoning and stir until the spices release their fragrance. Add in 1/2 tsp. salt and 1/4 tsp. pepper and stir.
Add the shrimp and stir until almost pink and cooked through. Add in the drained artichoke hearts and stir until shrimp has finished cooking.
Add cooked pasta,
lemon zest and juice,
1/2 c. Parmesan (only use fresh — never the green container stuff as it has additives that will make it clump)
2 additional T. unsalted butter,
and 1/2 c. heavy cream.
Stir to combine. Add in any fresh herbs you’d like before serving. I used a bit of parsley. Serve immediately with Cheesy, Easy Garlic Bread and a salad for a meal everyone will love.
- 1 lb. pasta (your choice of shape)
- 6 T. unsalted butter (divided)
- 2 T. olive oil
- 1-1.5 lbs. shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 1 jar artichoke hearts
- 1 large/2 small lemons for zest and juice
- ½ c. fresh Parmesan
- ¼ c. heavy cream
- Fresh herbs
- While pasta cooks, heat skillet to medium high and add 2 T. unsalted butter and 2 T. olive oil.
- Add in the chopped garlic and stir and cook for 1 minute.
- Add in the Italian seasoning and crushed red pepper and stir and cook until fragrant.
- Add in the salt and pepper.
- Add in the shrimp and cook until almost pink.
- Add artichoke hearts and cook until warmed through and shrimp cooked through.
- Add in the cooked, hot pasta, lemon zest and juice, Parmesan, remaining 2 T. butter, and the heavy cream. Stir to combine and heat through and serve with fresh herbs.