Sometimes you just need a new perfect cookie. As deliciously perfect as The Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies are there are moments where you need a different perfect bite.
Enter these beauties…
~White Chocolate Chunk Cookies with Cherries and Cashews~
How about chunks of warm and melty white chocolate surrounded by chewy tart cherries, and creamy, crunchy cashews baked into a no-fail cookie dough? Yup. I thought so.
Begin with a really good quality white chocolate bar. This is the one I use, and it measures in at 3.5 oz. I roughly chop it into chunks. If you use other chunks, you’ll need about 1/2 cup’s worth.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a mixing bowl, beat 3/4 c. butter,
a heaping 1/2 c. brown sugar (I use dark),
and a heaping 1/2 c. white sugar until creamed and fluffy.
Mix in 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla,
and one large egg.
In a separate bowl, mix the following dry ingredients:
2 c. flour,
1 tsp. baking soda,
1/2 tsp. salt.
Add the dry to the wet ingredients and mix until combined.
Fold in 1/2 c. dried tart cherries,
1 c. roasted cashews,
and the chopped white chocolate.
Using a baking scoop, place even sized scoops onto a baking sheet, and bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 10-12 minutes or just until the edges are barely golden brown and the centers are beginning to look set. Don’t over-bake and end up with hockey pucks, okay? Cookies are best with a little softness to the center.
Remove from the oven and let cool about 3 minutes on the pan, and then move to a wire rack to finish cooling. But make sure you get one cookie that’s warm enough to scorch your mouth just a bit with hot, melted chocolate. It’ll be worth it, I’m quite positive. :o)
- 3.5 oz. white chocolate bar, or ½ c. white chocolate chunks
- ¾ c. butter
- A heaping ½ c. dark brown sugar (may use light)
- A heaping ½ c. white sugar
- 1½ tsp. vanilla
- 1 large egg
- 2 c. flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ c. tart dried cherries
- 1 c. roasted cashews
- Roughly chop the white chocolate into chunks.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix butter and sugars together until creamed and fluffy.
- Add in the vanilla and egg.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the wet until well combined.
- Scoop onto a baking sheet at least two inches apart.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 10-12 minutes or until the edges are barely golden brown and the center is just beginning to set.
- Remove from oven and cool on the baking sheet for 3 minute and then move to a wire rack to cool the rest of the way.