A nourishing lunch or breakfast, this creamy blueberry oatmeal sweetened with maple syrup and made extra delicious with cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla is a perfect way to bring the yummiest goodness to your family in five minutes!
I mean, how else can you get a meal on the table in just a few minutes? This is how easy it is…
Boil 3 cups of water and once it’s boiling add 2 cups of old-fashioned (rolled) oats.
Personally, I prefer the texture of old-fashioned oats vs. quick-cooking, but that is a personal preference.
Add 1/2 c. maple syrup or sugar,
1/2 tsp. cinnamon, a pinch of nutmeg,
and 1/8 tsp. salt
to the oats and let it cook at least five minutes or until thickened.
Add one heaping cup of fresh or frozen blueberries.
If frozen, cook them a couple minutes to warm up.
Remove from the heat and add 1/2 tsp. vanilla. Serve with a drizzle of heavy cream.
- 2 cups oats
- ½ cup maple syrup or sugar
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- 1 c. blueberries
- ½ tsp. vanilla
- ⅛ c. milk
- Boil 3 c. of water and to it add 2 c. of old-fashioned oats.
- Add maple syrup or sugar, cinnamon, and salt and let it cook at least five minutes or until thickened.
- Add one heaping cup of fresh or frozen blueberries. If you use frozen let them cook a couple extra minutes to warm through.
- Remove from the heat and add vanilla and milk.