Do you need some chocolate? Do you need an idea to bring to a party or event that will be a sure-fire hit? I’ve got it right here.
I may or may not have almost made myself sick eating more than my fair share last time I made it. You’ll never know. Made in either a trifle bowl or individual jars, these Brownie Trifles will make ya famous.
I am known by those who know me well to pick a fruit dessert over chocolate most times. But not this time, First of all, I’m a sucker for a brownie. Who isn’t, really? And though this has many layers of happiness, it is not overly rich or too chocolatey–even for those of us who might normally pick Amazing Apple Crisp. Or Classic Lemon Meringue Pie...
Plan to make it the day before you need to serve it. It’s just best that way.
So here we go…
Begin by making a batch of brownies. Let them cool while you begin making your layers.
For the first layer, mix together
1 (3.9 oz.) box of instant chocolate pudding,
1/2 c. of water,
and 1 (14 oz.) can of sweetened condensed milk with a mixer until well-combined.
You will whip more cream in a bit so don’t wash your bowl quite yet.
The original recipe calls for Cool Whip, but since that is nothing but bad for us and since I think that would make this dessert over-the-top sweet, I opt for whipping cream. But, I do know that sometimes you just gotta use Cool Whip, so if that trips your trigger…
Then half of the whipped cream goes onto the chocolate layer.
Again, no need for perfection. It’ll come out pretty no matter how imperfect the layers are.
- 1 batch of brownies
- 1 (3.9) oz. box of instant chocolate pudding
- ½ c. water
- 1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 pt. (2 cups) heavy whipping cream (divided)
- 4 T. powdered sugar
- ½ tsp. vanilla (optional)
- additional garnishes
- Begin by making a batch of brownies. Let them cool and when cool cut into small cubes.
- Mix together the dry chocolate pudding, water, and sweetened condensed milk with a mixer until well combined.
- Whip 1 c. of heavy cream until it has soft peaks and fold in 2 T. powdered sugar.
- Gently fold the whipped cream into the chocolate mixture.
- Whip another cup of heavy cream to soft peaks and fold in 2 T. powdered sugar.
- In a very large clear bowl or trifle dish, layer half of the brownies, then half of the pudding mixture, then half of the whipped cream.
- Repeat all layers.
- Garnish with chocolate curls, mini chocolate chips, broken up candy bars, or toffee bits.
- Refrigerate 8 hours or overnight before serving.
Based on the recipe Chocolate Trifle from allrecipes.com