Wanna be the star of the party? These are going to do the trick. Pecan pie ramped up several notches (because chocolate) and plenty for everyone since it’s bars instead of pie slices!
When I was a kid, I thought pecan pie sounded like a complete waste of a pie crust. Pies were for fruit and cream and all the good things. Not nasty nuts.
And then I grew up. Perhaps it’s true what my son says and my taste buds got old and less able, because now give me some homemade pecan pie and I may drool all over my shirt.
Add chocolate…oh, good heavens. I’m done in.
This is waaayyy high up on my list of favorite things. It’s got all of the goodness of pecan pie with the BONUS of gooey melted chocolate. Super rich, super yummy.
I saw that. You drooled a little.
Use a mixer to beat 1/2 c. butter,
1/4 c. brown sugar,
1 1/4 c. flour,
and 1/2 tsp. salt until combined into coarse crumbs.
Line a 9×13″ dish with foil. Pour the crumb mixture into the pan and press evenly. Bake this crust in a preheated 350 degree oven for 25 minutes until lightly browned. Take it out and let it cool at least 10 minutes.
While the crust is baking, mix together
3/4 c. corn syrup,
1/2 c. sugar,
2 T. melted butter until combined.
Add in 2 cups of coarsely chopped pecans
and 2 cups of semisweet chocolate chips and spread this loveliness over the cooled crust.
Bake the whole thing for 25-30 minutes at 350 until the filling is set. Cool completely. To serve, lift the foil out and cut into bars.
That’s all there is to it! Skip the pie. Make these. They’re just better and they serve more than one little pie ever could.
- ½ c. butter
- ¼ c. brown sugar
- 1¼ c. flour
- ½ tsp. salt
- 3 eggs,
- ¾ c. corn syrup,
- ½ c. sugar,
- 2 T. melted butter
- 2 c. coarsely chopped pecans
- 2 c. semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Use a mixer to beat butter, brown sugar, flour, and salt until combined into coarse crumbs.
- Line a 9x13" dish with foil.
- Pour the crumb mixture into the pan and press evenly.
- Bake this crust in a preheated 350 degree oven for 25 minutes until lightly browned.
- Let it cool at least 10 minutes.
- While the crust is baking, mix together the eggs, corn syrup, sugar, and melted butter until combined.
- Add in pecans and chocolate chips and spread this over the cooled crust.
- Bake the whole thing for 25-30 minutes at 350 until the filling is set.
- Cool completely.
- To serve, lift the foil out and cut into bars.
Thanks to Bev at food.com for this fabulous recipe that has made me happy for several years.