Fudge, caramel, vanilla ice cream, Oreos, cinnamon crisps…
Fried Ice Cream Nachos hit all the notes of fried ice cream with so much less work and is adjustable to feed a crowd!
We first ate this at a restaurant in a tiny town somewhere and found ourselves back there a week later to pig out again. Just because of this dessert. So reminiscent of fried ice cream, we were smitten.
Not from scratch. Not amazing conceptually, but put it all together and I double-dog dare you not to arm-wrestle your smallest child for the last bite.
All you need to do is brush some flour tortillas with melted butter, sprinkle them generously with cinnamon and sugar and bake them at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or so until they are golden brown.
Crush some chocolate sandwich cookies into large chunks.
When you’re ready to serve, lay the cinnamon crisps on a platter. Scoop some vanilla ice cream over the top, then the cookies. Drizzle with hot fudge or chocolate syrup and caramel.
Add some whipped cream if you’d like to fancy things up.
But after you and your family turn into warriors fighting for each last bite, you’ll see this is smart stuff right here.
And how nice that it’s easy enough to make again tomorrow night?
- Flour Tortillas
- Chocolate Sandwich Cookies
- Hot fudge or chocolate syrup
- Brush flour tortillas with melted butter and bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or so or until crisp.
- Crush some chocolate sandwich cookies.
- Lay the warm tortillas onto a platter and scoop vanilla ice cream over the top.
- Sprinkle with the crushed cookies and drizzle with hot fudge and caramel.