If a picture paints a thousand words…
…then you want this.
This is summer. This is hot days, beach towels, and sunshine. And, fortunately, it’s just as good in the dead of winter. I tested that for you.
This is serious yum.
Easy as well, pie. The easy kind of pie. Make an extra like I did and keep it in the freezer for when only frozen, lemony deliciousness will do.
Begin by mixing 1 1/2 c. crushed graham cracker crumbs with 1/4 c. sugar and 4 T. melted butter. Press this mixture into a springform pan (you can use a regular pie pan if you’d like, but you get much taller i.e. bigger pieces with springform). Make sure to press the crumbs along the bottom and up the sides. Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes.
Using a whip attachment, beat 8 oz. of softened cream cheese, and slowly add in 1 14 oz. can of sweetened condensed milk, 1 can (3/4 c.) thawed pink lemonade concentrate (undiluted), 2 T. freshly squeezed lemon juice and if you’d like, enough food coloring to make it as pink as you want. I opted for a couple drops because I wanted it pretty with as little dye as possible.
Pour into the cooled, prepared crust and place it in the freezer.
Next, whip 1 c. of heavy whipping cream until stiff adding in 4 T. powdered sugar and 1 tsp. vanilla at the end. When the pie is somewhat frozen, spread the whipped cream on the top and then garnish with toasted coconut.* Cover and freeze until firm.
It’s sooooo good, friends. Eat it. You’ll thank me.
- 1½ c. crushed graham cracker crumbs
- ¼ sugar
- 4 T. melted butter
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 14 oz. sweetened condensed milk
- ¾ c. pink lemonade concentrate (starts frozen--you'll thaw it)
- 2 T. fresh lemon juice
- 1 c. heavy whipping cream
- 4 T. powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- ⅓ c. coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a food processor, or with a rolling pin and plastic bag, crush the graham crackers and mix in the melted butter. Press this crust mixture into a springform pan, along the bottom and up the sides a few inches.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes and let cool.
- Using a whip attachment, beat softened cream cheese and slowly add in sweetened condensed milk, thawed pink lemonade concentrate, 2 T. freshly squeezed lemon juice, and food coloring if desired.
- Pour the lemon filling into the cooled crust and place it in the freezer.
- Whip the heavy cream until stiff adding in powdered sugar and vanilla at the end. Add this to the somewhat frozen pie and garnish with toasted coconut.
- Cover and freeze until serving time.
*Toasting coconut–Use a non-stick skillet set on medium-high heat to toast the flakes until golden brown. Keep it moving so it doesn’t burn–do NOT step away from the pan!
Adapted from preparedpantry.com