I happen to LOVE peanut butter pie. Though I wouldn’t usually choose peanut butter dessert as a first choice, this is one I could eat every single day and be the happiest girl. Perhaps a bit larger girl, but certainly a happy one.
When I used to make this recipe, I made it as a pie–ya know, in a circular pie pan. But that just doesn’t serve many people, so I doubled my ingredients and voila! A 9×13″ Peanut Butter Pie for you and many friends–who will surely stay your friends when you make stuff like this for them.
This also means that if you only want to eat a little bit of pie, feel free to cut this in half and make it in a pie pan. :o)
To begin, crush an entire package of chocolate sandwich cookies into fine crumbs and add in 1/2 c. melted butter. I use my food processor, but smash ’em well in a plastic bag if you’d like.
Press the crumbs and butter into a 9×13″ pan.
In a large bowl, mix together 2–8oz. pkgs. of cream cheese,
2 c. of powdered sugar,
and 2 c. creamy peanut butter.
In a stand mixer, whip 2 c. heavy whipping cream until it forms soft peaks. Add in 8 T. powdered sugar and put half of this goodness into the peanut butter filling. Fold gently until the color is uniform. Spread the peanut butter/whipped cream layer over the crust.
Spread the remaining whipped topping over the top of the peanut butter layer.
Sprinkle with mini chocolate chips. Refrigerate the whole thing for at least 4 hours.
You’ll thank me for this one. For real. After you make it and fall in love, do me a favor and find your way back here and let me know how much you loved it.
- 1 regular sized pkg. chocolate sandwich cookies
- ½ c. butter
- 16 oz. cream cheese
- 2 c. powdered sugar
- 2 c. peanut butter
- 2 c. heavy whipping cream
- 8 T. powdered sugar
- ½ c. or so mini chocolate chips
- Crush the package of chocolate sandwich cookies into fine crumbs in a food processor, and add in the melted butter. Press the crumbs and butter into a 9x13" pan.
- In a large bowl, mix the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and peanut butter.
- Whip 2 c. of heavy cream until it forms soft peaks. Add in 8 T. of powdered sugar and mix half of the whipped cream into the peanut butter mixture.
- Spread the peanut butter mixture over the crust.
- Spread the remaining whipped cream over the peanut butter layer.
- Sprinkle with mini chocolate chips and crushed peanuts if desired.
- Refrigerate at least 4 hours.