Not even kidding, friends. This sandwich is about to change your life! Easy and just a few ingredients (you probably already have them), but just you wait until you taste it!!! You just can’t go back to plain ol’ slab-o’-cheese after these babies! Every single person who has tried these has literally gone through these reactions upon first bite:
- Eyes roll back in head
- Eyes find me
- With mouth full, eyes get huge and express something like, *OHMYGOSH-WHATISTHISMAGIC?
Yeah. It’s like that.
You’ll just never eat one this good, I pretty much promise. Loaded with fresh garlic and a cheesy filling that’s just too good to be true, these sandwiches are love at first bite!
You’re gonna need 8 pieces of good bread to start. I use our Soft Homemade White Bread because it’s just the right texture to hold up to all of that cheesy goodness. Whatever bread you choose, make sure it’s soft and will grill up beautifully golden.
In a mixing bowl, mix the following ingredients well:
4 oz. cream cheese
1/2 c. mayonnaise
and 1 tsp. minced garlic (I use a microplane to grate mine right into the bowl).
Now grate up 8 oz. of sharp Cheddar cheese. I use the small holes on my grater to get fine little bit of cheese. Stir the cheese into the mixture.
Soften 4 T. butter and to it, add 1/4 tsp. garlic powder. Stir.
Spread the garlic butter over one side of each piece of bread.
Add the cream cheese mixture to each non-buttered side to make four sandwiches and get ready to grill!
If you don’t know already, the key to a good grilled sandwich is to take your time. If your pan is too hot, you get burnt outsides and cold insides. No good. So keep your pan, I use a ceramic griddle this kind of thing, on medium low and give each sandwich time to get beautifully golden on each side.
That’s it! The cheesiest, garlicky, tangy delicious grilled cheese you’ve ever put in your face! Add it to our Creamy Tomato Soup, coming soon, and you have a meal absolutely perfect for a cold, January (or any other month for that matter) day.
- 8 slices dense white bread
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- ½ c. mayonnaise
- 8 oz. Cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp. (2-3 cloves) garlic, finely minced
- 4 T. butter
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- Mix cream cheese, mayonnaise, and garlic in a bowl.
- Add in 8 oz. freshly grated sharp Cheddar Cheese.
- Mix the garlic powder into the softened butter.
- Butter one side of each piece of bread.
- Spread ¼ of the mixture onto 4 of the pieces and assemble sandwiches, butter side out.
- Grill each sandwich over medium low heat until each side is golden brown.