Bacon Ranch Jalapeño Popper Dip is pretty much a staple treat at our house. So I share it with you. ‘Cause I’m just neat like that. Friends, this stuff is drool-worthy. The heat of the peppers combined with the tangy cream and Cheddar cheeses plus the spice of ranch and crunch of bacon — how can you go wrong? You can’t with this one. Bring it to your next game night or do like we do and have a dip night and make this one of your centerpieces.
Begin by frying up 8 slices of bacon until quite crisp. Drain on paper towels and crumble when cool.
While the bacon is frying, start with 1-8 oz. block of cream cheese at room temperature. Add in 1/3 c. of prepared ranch dressing or 1/3 c. sour cream plus 2 T. dried ranch mix, and mix well. Throw in 1/4 c. or so of finely chopped pickled jalapeño peppers.
Grate 1 c. sharp cheddar cheese and add it to the mixture. I used white cheddar.
Sprinkle with the bacon and transfer to a shallow dish and bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes until bubbly and gooey.
While the dip is baking, melt 2 T. of butter in a small sauté pan. At medium heat, mix in 1/2 c. panko bread crumbs. Sauté the crumbs in the butter, stirring almost constantly until they are toasted and golden brown.
Sprinkle the breadcrumbs on top of the hot dip. Serve with crackers or tortilla chips.
- 8 slices bacon
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- ⅓ c. prepared Ranch dressing or ⅓ c. sour cream plus 2 T. dried ranch mix
- ¼ c. chopped jalapeños
- 1 c. grated cheddar cheese
- 2 T. butter
- ½ c. panko bread crumbs
- Crackers or tortilla chips
- Fry 8 slices of bacon until quite crisp. Drain and crumble when cool.
- While the bacon is frying, mix cream cheese, prepared ranch dressing OR 2 T. dried ranch dressing + sour cream.
- Stir in jalapeños, freshly grated cheddar, and crumbled bacon.
- Add the mixture to a shallow baking dish.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 25 minutes until bubbly.
- While the dip is baking, melt butter in a small saucepan and add panko crumbs. Stir constantly over medium heat for a few minutes until toasted and golden brown.
- Sprinkle the breadcrumbs over the hot dip.
- Serve with crackers or tortilla chips.