Do you ever just need a bit of a better burger? Just something original? Don’t get me wrong, sometimes you just need beef and cheese. But there are moments when you dream a bit bigger. Inspired by a cooking show where Tyler Florence threw out some ideas for a chicken burger, I created this beauty. It’s special, friends.
Start with 2 lbs. of ground chicken — dark meat.
Finely chop 4 slices of bacon and throw it into the bowl with the chicken.
In a small bowl mix together 1/4 c. buffalo sauce with 1/4 c. honey. Whisk it together and add it to the meat. Add salt and pepper — 1/2 tsp. each.
Use your hands to mix it all well and form 8 patties.
Heat a cast iron skillet until good and hot. Add 2 T. butter and sauté each burger until cooked through — approximately 4-5 minutes per side — internal temp should reach 165 degrees. Let them rest for 5 minutes and check for doneness.
Garnish these beauties with ranch dressing (I make homemade loaded with fresh dill, garlic, and parsley) and add chunks of bleu cheese to take it over the top. And Homemade Hamburger Buns complete the deliciousness
Serve with extra buffalo sauce.
Makes 8 1/4 lb. burgers.
- 2 lbs. ground chicken (dark meat)
- 4 slices bacon
- ¼ c. buffalo sauce
- ¼ c. honey
- ½ tsp. each, salt and pepper
- ½ c. + Ranch or bleu cheese dressing
- Finely chop 4 slices of raw bacon and put it into a bowl with the ground chicken.
- In a separate bowl, mix the buffalo sauce and honey. Whisk them together and add them along with the salt and pepper to the chicken.
- Use your hands to mix everything together and form 8 patties.
- Heat a cast iron skillet until quite hot. Add butter and saute each burger until cooked through -- approximately 4-5 minutes per side. Internal temp should reach 165 degrees.
- Let them rest 5 minutes.
We made these last night with blue cheese dressing and they were SO SO SO amazing! We of course had to add extra bacon to ours though…
I was having a spectacular day even before I saw this comment. Then I saw it, and I was like, can this day get any better? Seriously, THE Mac and Cheese gets most of the love on my site, and I get that. But to have someone pay attention to these beauties just made my food-heart happy. :o) Hillary, I thank you.