I’m pulling this one out of the archives. I’ve been making this about as long as I’ve been married, and it’s still a favorite. I’ve made it for company, for moms who just had babies, and of course as a good old fashioned comfort food.
I recently gained her permission to post this recipe. It’s simple, uses just a few ingredients, and is sure to go on your rotation as well. Please note that my measurements are not exact. You can easily adjust the amount to serve however many people you have. At the time I made this recipe, I was away from my original copy and just made it from memory, so feel free to use more or less based on your requirements.
Being by crushing at least half of a box of cheese crackers in a bag using a rolling pin. I don’t like them too finely crushed because some of the big chunks make me happy. Put the crushed crackers in a shallow dish.
Next, put about a cup of sour cream into a shallow dish.
That’s it! It’s gonna be a hit at your house, I’m pretty sure. You can thank me later.
- Cheese Nips (most of a box)
- About 10 Chicken Tenderloins (or breasts cut into strips)
- Sour cream (at least a cup)
- ½ c. melted butter
- Lightly crush cheese crackers in a bag using a rolling pin. Place them in a shallow dish.
- Put about a cup of sour cream into another shallow dish.
- Roll each chicken tenderloin in the sour cream and then the crushed cheese crackers and place in a baking dish.
- Drizzle all with melted butter.
- Bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for about 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and the crackers are golden brown.